Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84325members
353490posts

Sensor mapping for DC equipment

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Sensor mapping for DC equipment

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jarno Hamalainen on 2017-12-15

Hello

I was trying to set up a branch circuit monitoring for DC PDU but it seems that there is no option for "sensor mapping" in generic DC PDU.

The similar setup is possible for generic AC PDU but apparently not for DC. Before trying sensor mappings, I associated one measurement device with these PDUs one at time to test the cases.

Any suggestions how to do branch circuit monitoring in DC domain?

Example shot of DC PDU case:

Example shot of AC PDU case:

(CID:126882398)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Sensor mapping for DC equipment

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-12-15

Hi Jarno,

Sensor mapping is essential for branch circuit monitoring. You are right, I have also checked and can confirm your observation that currently the Sensor Mapping functionality is not possible for DC PDU(s). I have registered an enhancement case for this, so it can be prioritized in a future version. Many thanks for reporting.

Kind regards

(CID:126882425)

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Sensor mapping for DC equipment

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-12-15

Hi Jarno,

Sensor mapping is essential for branch circuit monitoring. You are right, I have also checked and can confirm your observation that currently the Sensor Mapping functionality is not possible for DC PDU(s). I have registered an enhancement case for this, so it can be prioritized in a future version. Many thanks for reporting.

Kind regards

(CID:126882425)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.