Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84597members
353863posts

Parallel Ups

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Parallel Ups

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gianluca Bertuletti on 2017-05-23

Hi

is there any way to model a room with 3 Ups in parallel?

Thanks

(CID:119048652)

9 Replies 9
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Parallel Ups

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stanislav Kalianov on 2017-05-23

Does this video cover your setup:

(CID:119048671)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gianluca Bertuletti on 2017-05-24

no

is not the customer configuration

3 Ups 400Kw --> power panel --> 2 power panels --> Racks

for now i did this

1 Ups 800Kw --> power panel --> 2 power panels --> Racks

(CID:119048865)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by nguyenphuctrang on 2018-04-03

If you simulation 1 UPS 800 kw with internal redundancy, how to show the measured peak load for UPS system? 

I mean how to associate the whole 3 ups 400 kw in one modular N+1 UPS 800 kw  

(CID:129414524)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by nguyenphuctrang on 2018-04-06

HI all!

I checked with DCO demo.

I associated the 3-4 single ups devises in one modular ups ( for parallel requirement)

The measured peak load of modular ups will be showed the sum of how measured peak load of individual ups. ( see the bellow pictures)

Question 

In our DCO got the sensor mapping function for third party floor mount PDUs only, don't have  sensor mapping function for UPS 

Any expert help to explain how should we revised the measured data for third party UPS which was monitored from our DCE?

Regard,

Nguyen Phuc Trang

(CID:130092020)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Niels Kjeldsen on 2017-05-24

Hi Gianluca

Parallel UPSs are unfortunately not directly supported in Data Center Operations. The suggested work-a-round is to create a single UPS (as you have done) and set the internal redundancy on the UPS to N+1.

Best,

Niels

(CID:119048895)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by giovanni angiulli on 2017-05-25

Hi, I was looking for a way to configure parallel UPS system in DCO couple of days ago. It is a little bit frustrating not to have an option to do it but only a work-a-round

(CID:119049397)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Chad Broad on 2017-10-03

This question has been asked in 2014 here and the same answer "it is being worked on" was given.

I would love to know where on the software feature request list it is (if at all) and why it hasn't been done for over 3 years...

Maybe its just in the too hard basket?

(CID:126158806)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Erlinson Bravo Garcia on 2017-11-01

Hello team,  now I have the same situation: 3 x 500KW UPS with an output panel board  and from this one the customer has the distribution PDUs and finally the rack PDUs, all this system is the "A" Feed the "B" Feed is other parallel system... I´m just wondering if the latest version of Struxureware Datacenter Operation can´t manage this situation...

Thanks and best regards,

Erlinson Bravo G.

(CID:126172195)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.