Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84312members
353473posts

Issue to delete room and racks in DCO 7.4

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Issue to delete room and racks in DCO 7.4

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Davy Bondeau on 2016-08-17

Hi everyone,

I have a customer who have an issue when he remove rooms with racks. He use DCO 7.4.0.

When he remove a room, there is no error message. But in the licences window, the number of racks used has not diminished. The customer deleted 2 rooms with twenty racks. Below the print screen of licences window :

When the customer seek in DCO a sensible rack be deleted, an error message appears :

This makes two days that the rooms was removed. The server was restarted twice and the issue is not fixed.

Can you help me please ?

Thank you beforeand,

Davy Bondeau

(CID:107448421)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Issue to delete room and racks in DCO 7.4

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ulrik Jørgensen on 2016-08-17

Hi Davy Bondeau When deleting a room, it is marked for deletion in the client and deleted server-side. Racks count will not go down until room is deleted on the server. There seems to be an issue with the deletion server-side. We could identify the issue by inspecting the server log files. Would it be possible to get those? You can send them to me directly instead of posting here in order to not expose information in the log files. Regards, Ulrik

(CID:107448532)

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ulrik Jørgensen on 2016-08-17

Hi Davy Bondeau When deleting a room, it is marked for deletion in the client and deleted server-side. Racks count will not go down until room is deleted on the server. There seems to be an issue with the deletion server-side. We could identify the issue by inspecting the server log files. Would it be possible to get those? You can send them to me directly instead of posting here in order to not expose information in the log files. Regards, Ulrik

(CID:107448532)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Davy Bondeau on 2016-08-17

Hi Ulrik, Thank you for your help. The customer share the logs files by google drive. Have you received the invitation to share ? Regards, Davy

(CID:107448533)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ulrik Jørgensen on 2016-08-17

Hi Davy Bondeau Yes, thanks - received access to the log files. They indicate an issue generating audit log during deletion of one room. Could customer provide access to backup? Then we could try to reproduce here, and perhaps update solution so room can be deleted? Regards, Ulrik

(CID:107448534)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Samir ABASSI on 2016-08-17

Hi,

I just send you the backup file. 

Regards,

Samir ABASSI

(CID:107448537)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ulrik Jørgensen on 2016-08-17

Hi Samir ABASSI Thank you for the backup. I am testing deletion after deleting some invalid data in the backup. I will get back to you when I have more information. Regards, Ulrik

(CID:107448538)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hi Samir ABASSI I have uploaded a backup where rooms have been deleted. You should receive a Box link where you can download the file. Regards, Ulrik

(CID:107448539)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Samir ABASSI on 2016-08-17

Hi,

Thank you for you quick feedback, I download the file "Updated_Daily_2016-08-17_14.52.tar.gz" and made a restore on DCO. 

But I didn't see any chage.  When I check the number of licences in DCO (System Setup > System Licenses) I only still have 3 racks available. 

I didn't reboot the server, Should I need to reboot the server ? Maybe something else I should do ?

Regards,

Samir ABASSI

(CID:107448541)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ulrik Jørgensen on 2016-08-18

Hi Samir ABASSI I tried restore just to verify and after restore there are 27 racks available. The Webmin restore process should restart the necessary processes, so you should not have to do anything extra. MD5 sum for file is: 9838d4a707d2ffd1af6b169372a03b9a Updated_Daily_2016-08-17_14.52.tar.gz You can use the program "md5sum" to get a MD5 sum for the file you downloaded and verify it. Did you restart client after restore? License count in client might require restart after restore in order to update. If none of this helps I would suggest you try the restore a second time. If it still does not help, I will provide you the steps I did in order to delete the rooms. Regards, Ulrik

(CID:107448542)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Samir ABASSI on 2016-08-18

Dear Ulrik,

As adviced, I made a new restore of the file and it did works this time.

Thank you very much for you Help.

And Also, Thank you for Davy for his support.

Regards,
Samir

(CID:107448543)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.