Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

Installing a temperature/humidity sensor with display (AP9520TH)

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Installing a temperature/humidity sensor with display (AP9520TH)

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sergio Garrido on 2017-09-12

I am installing a temperature/humidity sensor with display (AP9520TH) to a NetBotz 250 (NBRK0250), but it is not showing up anywhere, I cannot find a way to configure it.

Thanks,

(CID:124526450)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard

Re: Installing a temperature/humidity sensor with display (AP9520TH)

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2017-09-13

Dear Sergio, 

As stated in the installation manual, I would suggest you to make sure that you are using the CAT-5 straight through cable. 

Normally, the sensor should show in the configuration page as shown below. 

I am sharing some troubleshooting steps for this issue.

• Make sure that the power cable/ethernet/anything else are disconnected from the Netbotz 250 and that all Cat5 and terminators are disconnected from the AP9520TH sensors.  
  • There should be no physical connections at the Netbotz 250 (power/ethernet/anything) or the AP9520TH (Alink terminator).
  • Once all are disconnected, set the dipswitches on each AP9520TH to off (Setting 1 - see below), and connect to the appliance.   At this time, power on the Netbotz 250.  When powered on, check if the sensor is recognized. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:124526568)

See Answer In Context

8 Replies 8
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2017-09-13

Dear Sergio, 

As stated in the installation manual, I would suggest you to make sure that you are using the CAT-5 straight through cable. 

Normally, the sensor should show in the configuration page as shown below. 

I am sharing some troubleshooting steps for this issue.

• Make sure that the power cable/ethernet/anything else are disconnected from the Netbotz 250 and that all Cat5 and terminators are disconnected from the AP9520TH sensors.  
  • There should be no physical connections at the Netbotz 250 (power/ethernet/anything) or the AP9520TH (Alink terminator).
  • Once all are disconnected, set the dipswitches on each AP9520TH to off (Setting 1 - see below), and connect to the appliance.   At this time, power on the Netbotz 250.  When powered on, check if the sensor is recognized. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:124526568)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sergio Garrido on 2017-09-13

Bala,

It is not showing in Configuration > Device > wired sensors, I am assuming that will be under Temperature & Humidity or since this is a A-link device should show in a different category? I can see the temperature in the device itself (display) but cannot see the device when I connect to the netBotz 250 via web or via Struxureware. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

(CID:124527106)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sergio Garrido on 2017-09-13

Bala,

I forgot to mentioned that if I connect the AP9335TH that came with the NetBotz 250, I can see the device right away, no problems with this one.

Thanks,

(CID:124527108)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Cory McDonald on 2017-09-13

Hello,

The issue was resolved by correctly setting the DIP switch settings on the top of the sensor.

Best Regards,
Cory 

(CID:124527110)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2017-09-14

Hi Sergio Garrido,

I am interested in your question, since I will soon have a similar task. Did you solve the problem according to the instructions below or not?

With respect.

(CID:124527423)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sergio Garrido on 2017-09-14

Yes.... the instructions below are perfect.. my problem was that I was misinterpreting the settings in the DIP switch for the temperature/humidity sensor.

Thanks,

(CID:124527680)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by zahramnejad on 2018-06-02

what did you do please? I had changed DIP Switch but I can't see any information in Netbotz

(CID:132647848)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.