Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84854members
354317posts

Insight

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Insight

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrius Gataveckas on 2019-05-07

Since Insight plugin/module has went away in 8.3, how do you go about creating a custom report?

(CID:143755958)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Insight

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2019-05-07

Hello Andrius

You are correct, starting with DCO 8.3 the insight client has been removed DCO. You can use earlier versions of the Insight client with DCO 8.3 if you have custom report development you need to complete. Previously completed insight reports which were published to DCO will continue to work.

So for example, you can use the DCO insight client from DCO 8.2.12 with DCO 8.3.

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:143756192)

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2019-05-07

Hello Andrius

You are correct, starting with DCO 8.3 the insight client has been removed DCO. You can use earlier versions of the Insight client with DCO 8.3 if you have custom report development you need to complete. Previously completed insight reports which were published to DCO will continue to work.

So for example, you can use the DCO insight client from DCO 8.2.12 with DCO 8.3.

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:143756192)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Valentin Kozlov on 2019-06-06

Hi Greg!

I'm trying to use Insight client from DCO 8.2.7 to modify report on DCO 8.3 server and got an error about versions mismatch.

Could you advice what I need to configure to connect to DCO 8.3?

(CID:144867338)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2019-06-07

Yes. I can confirm the same behavior. I will ask dev about whether a solution is expected.

For now, the only option I can suggest is to use a pre-DCO 8.3 server with Insight to make whatever changes you are trying to make, then export the report from that server and import it into the DCO 8.3 server.

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:144867831)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Valentin Kozlov on 2019-06-10

Thanks, Greg!

(CID:144868051)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.