Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84532members
353783posts

How to model power meters PM5310 and iEM3155

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

How to model power meters PM5310 and iEM3155

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Momen Samy on 2019-03-02

Hi,

Please i'm confused and would need to know how to model the PM5310 and iEM3155 meters into DCO.

The power meter 5310 is used as the main breaker that feeds the PDUs in all racks, the rack PDUs are not metered type and they are fed from the power meters iEM3155.

I have tried to associate the iEM3155 to the rack PDUs (generic type) but i didn't get any readings.

I have also tried to associate the PM5310 to a generic breaker panel but i didn't get any readings either.

(CID:140710036)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: How to model power meters PM5310 and iEM3155

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2019-03-03

Hi Momen

As far as I know, yours is a tricky requirement.  If it were my challenge, and assuming DCE, I’d try to get a DDF created that made the 3155s appear to DCE as rPDUs.

Whilst Im not as sure about the 5310s, I suspect it’ll be a similar process e.g a DDF to make the 5310s appear to DCE as PDUs

There are probably other maybe better ways to address your challenge, perhaps branch circuit monitoring?

i hope that helps

cheers

Ed

(CID:140710105)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: How to model power meters PM5310 and iEM3155

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2019-03-06

In DCO, associate the PM5350 on the floor mounted PDU(or distribution board -depending on what you called them) where all the power are going tot racks, as that is the incoming reading for the entire PDU, not the individual output to each rack.

If you have done so, and no power reading showing up, request a review of DDF per below.

As for the iEM3155 meters that I presume you have for output to each rack;  request a review to DDF support to ensure the correct ISXCSensorType is used for the iEM3155 DDF.

e.g for power it is:

Power Sensors:

OUTPUT_POWER_WATTS

OUTPUT_POWER_TOTAL_WATTS

MODULE_OUTPUT_POWER or MODULE_BREAKER_POWER

https://sxwhelpcenter.ecostruxureit.com/display/DCIMDEVELOPER/DCE+Sensor+Mapping+to+DCO

(CID:140711169)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.