Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82511members
350116posts

How to manage customers in IT Advisor

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
Jerome_C
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

How to manage customers in IT Advisor

Hi,

I am using IT Advisor (9.1.0) for a couple of month now after upgrading from DCO.

In the windows client, if i edit the attribute of an equipement i have access to the customer properties where i could choose from the drop down list. But this list is, of course empty, because i haven't filled it.

Where can i manage the list of our customers ? Is it a feature related to a licence (change, capacity,  ...) ? or i didn't find the menu in the application ?

Thanks for your help

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: How to manage customers in IT Advisor

Hi Jerome,

Please see the following article it describes how to add customer via REST api (in ITA)

https://helpcenter.ecostruxureit.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007193757-Adding-customer-via-ITA-REST-web...

Kind regards,

Jef

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
6 Replies 6
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Jerome,

Please see the following article it describes how to add customer via REST api (in ITA)

https://helpcenter.ecostruxureit.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007193757-Adding-customer-via-ITA-REST-web...

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)
Jerome_C
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi Jef,

Thank you for the tip. I am surprised that there is no graphical tools to manage this particular aspect of the software.

I will try with the REST API to check if i can build a list of my customers.

Kind regards,

Jerome

Tags (1)
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Jerome,

You are welcome. This is basically Colo related feature - usually Colo owners have their own tools to manage their customers and wanted to import the data (to DCO/ITA) via web services.

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)
Jerome_C
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi,

In deed, it makes sense .

Kind regards,

Jerome

Tags (1)
JeffLynch
Cadet
0 Likes

@Jerome_C wrote:

Hi,

mygroundbiz website

I am using IT Advisor (9.1.0) for a couple of month now after upgrading from DCO.

In the windows client, if i edit the attribute of an equipement i have access to the customer properties where i could choose from the drop down list. But this list is, of course empty, because i haven't filled it.

Where can i manage the list of our customers ? Is it a feature related to a licence (change, capacity,  ...) ? or i didn't find the menu in the application ?

Thanks for your help

Thank you so much your site has nice content

Tags (1)
gsterling
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hello Jeff.

To add customers to the customer drop-down you must use the REST api's built into your ITA server. This page had a description of the process.

A number of our customers who use this feature keep/store their customer information in an external system to which they integrate to ITA using the REST api's ,

The API is dynamic, so as soon as you add a customer it will appear in the desktop client.

Regards

Greg Sterling

Tags (1)