Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84667members
354058posts

How many nods are available with DCE VM licence?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

How many nods are available with DCE VM licence?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Boris Majdandzic on 2019-09-20

When I download & activate DCE VM on server, how many licences will be available?

Guys from other company told me that they got more than 5 with just VM licence.

(CID:148771670)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: How many nods are available with DCE VM licence?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2019-09-20

Hi Boris,

Although when you deploy a VM it shows 25 nodes available, when you attempt to add any more than 5, you will not be able to as noted in k-base FA176217

http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA176217

You must activate the VM to get more than 5 nodes and you must also activate the VM to add more node licenses, surveillance licenses, or even the modbus output license.

Thanks,

Steve

(CID:148771677)

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2019-09-20

Hi Boris,

Although when you deploy a VM it shows 25 nodes available, when you attempt to add any more than 5, you will not be able to as noted in k-base FA176217

http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA176217

You must activate the VM to get more than 5 nodes and you must also activate the VM to add more node licenses, surveillance licenses, or even the modbus output license.

Thanks,

Steve

(CID:148771677)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Boris Majdandzic on 2019-09-20

Hi, question is will I get 25 nods with AP94VAMACT licence?

I am offering multiple DCE systems at time, so I need to know number of available nods with just VM licence. 

(CID:148771680)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2019-09-20

Hi Boris, I'm sorry if I was unclear.

If you do not activate the VM with the AP94VMACT, it will look like you can add 25 nodes but you can only add 5. Once you activate the VM, you can use the full 25 nodes. 

As noted in the k-base:

Cause:
The current default configuration of all StruxureWare Data Center Expert is that the system comes with a pre-installed 25 node license key. The Virtual Machine or VM version shows this same 25 node license key in the user interface however until activated, will only allow 5 nodes to be added to the system.

Resolution:
This is by design. It was done so APC did not need to add a 5 node key to just this one version.  Once activated, the rest of the nodes can be used.

Steve

(CID:148771685)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Boris Majdandzic on 2019-09-20

Thanks in advance, I had old notes.

(CID:148771687)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.