Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

Exclude search items

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Exclude search items

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by John Smith on 2015-12-03

In DCE, There is an active search bar for almost anything. Which is great! However, is there a way to use the search bar to exclude items? and/or search for multiple separate items at once?

I am trying to exclude the "Informational" Severity items in the "Active Alarms" tab. I want to show all other Severities. Is this possible?

Regards,

J

(CID:105457061)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Exclude search items

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by wesinls on 2015-12-03

"Boolean operators" is your friend - Per the help documents. - see below quoted from it…basically, just type NOT inform (short for informational) - that will exclude anything with inform in the name...

"Search" field

Use the Search field to filter the list based on text you type.

You can broaden or narrow your search using the Boolean operators AND, OR and NOT. For example, you can search for UPS AND On Battery; PDU NOT Phase 1; Humidity OR Temperature; Humidity OR Temperature NOT UPS.

Only items that contain the text you specify in the Search field are displayed. When the results of a search are displayed, the background of the search field is shaded. When you clear the search field, the background shading is removed and all items are displayed.

Note: Search fields support the Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT only."

(CID:105457067)

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by wesinls on 2015-12-03

"Boolean operators" is your friend - Per the help documents. - see below quoted from it…basically, just type NOT inform (short for informational) - that will exclude anything with inform in the name...

"Search" field

Use the Search field to filter the list based on text you type.

You can broaden or narrow your search using the Boolean operators AND, OR and NOT. For example, you can search for UPS AND On Battery; PDU NOT Phase 1; Humidity OR Temperature; Humidity OR Temperature NOT UPS.

Only items that contain the text you specify in the Search field are displayed. When the results of a search are displayed, the background of the search field is shaded. When you clear the search field, the background shading is removed and all items are displayed.

Note: Search fields support the Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT only."

(CID:105457067)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by John Smith on 2015-12-03

Thank you both for your answers. I tired that however I didn't capitalize them. Stupid me.

(CID:105457106)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Scott Kingsley on 2015-12-03

Hi John,

You actually can do this (for the most part).  If you type "NOT Informational" into the search bar it will exclude any alarm in the list with the severity or description with Informational in it.

The reason I say "for the most part" is that there is a slight chance that the Alarm Description of a non informational alarm would have the word "Informational" in it, and in this case it would be hidden as well.  I think it's pretty rare that this would happen though.

-Scott

(CID:105457068)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.