Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84519members
353745posts

DCO Power Reserved By Group

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCO Power Reserved By Group

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Matt Wagner on 2016-05-23

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out what the power "reserved by group" is in DCO.

Can I change this or can someone explain why it is so high on some racks?

Thanks

(CID:106204530)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO Power Reserved By Group

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Niels Kjeldsen on 2016-05-23

Hi Matt

The 'Reserved by group' is the when other racks in the same capacity group uses more power than the planned average for the group.

For example: One group with four racks, the total capacity of the group is 20 kW and each rack has a planned average of 5 kW. If some rack goes above 5 kW at least of the other racks have to use less than 5 kW of power.

You can also see a bit more about capacity groups here: Working with Capacity Groups

I cannot see directly from the screenshot why the 'Reserved by group' amount is so high on the specific rack.

Also note that for the next version of Data Center Operation we are trying to simplify the capacity management.

Best,

Niels

(CID:106204533)

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Niels Kjeldsen on 2016-05-23

Hi Matt

The 'Reserved by group' is the when other racks in the same capacity group uses more power than the planned average for the group.

For example: One group with four racks, the total capacity of the group is 20 kW and each rack has a planned average of 5 kW. If some rack goes above 5 kW at least of the other racks have to use less than 5 kW of power.

You can also see a bit more about capacity groups here: Working with Capacity Groups

I cannot see directly from the screenshot why the 'Reserved by group' amount is so high on the specific rack.

Also note that for the next version of Data Center Operation we are trying to simplify the capacity management.

Best,

Niels

(CID:106204533)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Matt Wagner on 2016-05-23

Hi Niels, Thank you for that, I understand a bit better now 🙂 Can you see the attached image? It looks as if there is one capacity group in the DC1 area, however the reserved space is not equal in racks... Is there any way to re-distribute this? Thanks Matt

dco4.png

(CID:106204540)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Niels Kjeldsen on 2016-05-24

Hi Matt There are two main things to check: 1. The reservations are made per phase, so if the racks are only supplied by one or two phases the reservations can be different on different racks. 2. The reservation made is depending on the remaining capacity of each of the racks. So a rack with a lot of capacity has a bigger reservation that a rack with only a little capacity left. From the screenshots my guess is that you have an overloaded phase in the model. You can enable a detailed view (per phase) by enabling more detailed tooltips in the Preferences. Look under: Preferences -> General -> Tooltips and then enable 'Advanced Power'

(CID:106204596)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Matt Wagner on 2016-05-24

Thank you for this. You are correct it appears that the L2 phase would be overloaded in our model.

(CID:106204619)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.