Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84805members
354261posts

DCE upgrade from 7.2.0 to 7.4.1 & Backup advice

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE upgrade from 7.2.0 to 7.4.1 & Backup advice

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by nansari on 2017-03-14

Hello

We are upgrading DCE from 7.2.0 to 7.4.1 step by step as 7.2.0-->7.2.1-->7.2.2-->7.2.4-->7.2.5-->7.2.6-->7.2.7–>7.3.1–>7.4.1

We need to know that, should we take backup after every version upgrade & please also advice about restoration of all version's backup.

Kindly advice steps to follow during my upgrade.

Best regards,

Nadeem Ansari

(CID:114231129)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE upgrade from 7.2.0 to 7.4.1 & Backup advice

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2017-03-14

Dear Nadeem,

Yes, it is recommended to take backup after every version upgrade. If I understand your query correctly on restoration, there is no need to restore the version after upgrade. Restoration will need to be used only if something goes wrong after upgrading to the new version. You can find the instructions for restoration on the DCE upgrade download link. 

In order to upgrade from older version to the latest version step by step, go to Updates–>Apply Server Update

You can then  import a StruxureWare Data Center Expert update package list file.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Bala

(CID:114231133)

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2017-03-14

Dear Nadeem,

Yes, it is recommended to take backup after every version upgrade. If I understand your query correctly on restoration, there is no need to restore the version after upgrade. Restoration will need to be used only if something goes wrong after upgrading to the new version. You can find the instructions for restoration on the DCE upgrade download link. 

In order to upgrade from older version to the latest version step by step, go to Updates–>Apply Server Update

You can then  import a StruxureWare Data Center Expert update package list file.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Bala

(CID:114231133)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by nansari on 2017-03-14

Thanks Bala,

It means we can downgrade the version as well when needed & at that stage we will need our back to restore, am I right?

Best regards,

Nadeem Ansari

(CID:114231138)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2017-03-14

Yes, you are correct Nadeem. 

(CID:114231140)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.