Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84323members
353487posts

DCE Alert For Multiple Sensors

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE Alert For Multiple Sensors

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by James on 2016-12-21

Is there a way to create an alarm threshold for two sensors on two different devices, without creating a total virtual sensor.

For example Device A has a sensor point called Total Amps A and Device B has a senor called Total Amps B.  Can I setup ap an alarm to trigger if the combined value of Total Amps A and Total Amps B breaches 10?

At the moment I can only seem create a total virtual senor for both then set an alarm on this virtual sensor.  Whilst this is relatively straight forward it can be time consuming when large numbers of devices are present.

(CID:110010187)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE Alert For Multiple Sensors

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2016-12-21

Dear James,

I am sorry to disappoint you. As far as I know, the feature which you are looking for is not not currently available in DCE. The only way to combine the sensors values is to use the Virtual Sensor option, and set the threshold for the same. If possible, please raise your query in feature request so that team can look at your request. 

Feature requests

I also let other community experts to suggest on your query if there is any other way around. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:110010258)

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2016-12-21

Dear James,

I am sorry to disappoint you. As far as I know, the feature which you are looking for is not not currently available in DCE. The only way to combine the sensors values is to use the Virtual Sensor option, and set the threshold for the same. If possible, please raise your query in feature request so that team can look at your request. 

Feature requests

I also let other community experts to suggest on your query if there is any other way around. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:110010258)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Janis Magazeinis on 2018-10-25

Hi,

I also faced similar need.

Can someone please answer, how can I create alarm from 2 state sensors?

In my case alarm should be triggered when both state sensors are "inactive".

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Janis.

(CID:134689370)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.