Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84540members
353793posts

Cannot log in to desktop client and to web client

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Cannot log in to desktop client and to web client

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gleb Tyunikov on 2018-11-21

Hello,

Yesterday i was working in my DCO client and everything was smooth and worked just fine.
Today i opened my client and i tried to log in to it - but the log in failed and sent me this error -
"Unable to validate your user credentials. Please consult the application log for further details."

At first i thought i used my password incorrectly and checked again but still the same problem.

After that i though maybe its a problem with the client so i tried to log in to the Web client and still got the same problem.

So i thought it was a problem with my user and i tried to connect with other user and got the same error.

Even when i tried to connect with the CLI i was not been able to connect.

The only way i succeeded in connecting was with the standard apc user in the CLI

Now im puzzled on how can i bring back my users and log in with them
Have you encountered that problem?

(CID:136644346)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Cannot log in to desktop client and to web client

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-11-26

Hi Gleb,

Apparently the DCO application is/was down (for some reason, usually could be disc space related, eg if the disc is full and no free space left).  As suggested check the server status, log in to server webmin interface (https://<dco server IP>:10000) > StruxureWare DC Operation > Status.

If the Application Status should be down, then rebooting the server might help (assuming no other problems such as disc space issue). 

The System Information page (in webmin interface) may show if the local disc is full.

Kind regards

(CID:137103766)

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2018-11-21

Hello Gleb. What does the webmin tool show as the status of your DCO server? If you logon to webmin https://dco-server-ip:10000/ as your administrator user, open the struxureware dc operation menu on the left side and click the "status" entry.

What is the status of the application and the database? They should be in a running state.

Also, can you provide log files from your DCO server? Log files can be collected from the same webmin menu using the "download log files" link.

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:136644833)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-11-26

Hi Gleb,

Apparently the DCO application is/was down (for some reason, usually could be disc space related, eg if the disc is full and no free space left).  As suggested check the server status, log in to server webmin interface (https://<dco server IP>:10000) > StruxureWare DC Operation > Status.

If the Application Status should be down, then rebooting the server might help (assuming no other problems such as disc space issue). 

The System Information page (in webmin interface) may show if the local disc is full.

Kind regards

(CID:137103766)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gleb Tyunikov on 2018-11-27

Yes it was disk space related

Thank you very much!

(CID:137104156)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-11-27

Hi Gleb,

You are most welcome & many thanks for the update.

Kind regards

(CID:137104285)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gleb Tyunikov on 2018-11-27

Thank you very much for answering

apparently the disk space wasn't enough and after adding some ,the server started working just fine

(CID:137104155)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.