Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84598members
353864posts

CSR Generation for NETBOTZ 450 v 4.5.4

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

CSR Generation for NETBOTZ 450 v 4.5.4

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by amber.meier on 2018-04-16

I have been attempting to follow the instructions for generating a CSR for SSL certificate located else were on this site. My equipment is a Netbotz 450 (version 4.5.4).

The problem is that Shift+x within 5 seconds does not break into the underlying linux shell. The session just terminates after 5 seconds. I have attempted these instructions via telnet on a local router and via putty with no success. Are there other options?

(CID:130095879)

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: CSR Generation for NETBOTZ 450 v 4.5.4

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-04-16

Dear amber.meier,

This is not the first time such a problem. For example, a similar post was recently published on page Re: Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) by customer haseebk2000.

Have you tried using the latest version of PuTTY? On my NetBotz-450 I'm use latest firmware 4.6.2.

With respect.

(CID:130095889)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by amber.meier on 2018-04-16

Nevermind. I figured this out. For others who have the same problem:

IMMEDIATELY after login credentials press Ctrl+c. You must do this while product and configuration information are still scrolling, otherwise Ctrl+c will just repeat the product/config information. In this case, just keep pressing Ctrl+c repeatedly until you get the root@botname prompt.

Hope this helps!

(CID:130099147)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-04-17

Dear amber.meier,

I suspect, that this is a problem with the old NetBotz-4.x firmware 4.5.4, since I have no problems with the latest firmware. I.e. for me, everything works fine as described in section Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).

In any case, thanks for the feedback.

In addition, I highly recommend, that you use the latest NetBotz-4.x firmware, especially since you are going to use HTTPS.

With respect.

(CID:130099151)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-04-28

Dear amber.meier,

Have you been able to solve your problem, or do you have any more questions about it?

With respect.

(CID:130680474)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.