Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84643members
353975posts

Alarm Notifications

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Alarm Notifications

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by deacon on 2016-03-30

I am using version 7.2.7:

I have the default notification policy set. I have an email address set for the "from" and all of the smtp server settings. I have done the test e-mail and it comes across correctly. However with each new device I create I am getting an email notification from the following:

@aaaobrv01.800onemail.com

I am unsure where this has been configured or where I can change it. Can you please help me identify where this is or can be changed?

(CID:105470084)

2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Alarm Notifications

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-03-30

Hi Dennis,

This is not something native to DCE. The only alarms you should get from DCE would be either something you configure as an alarm action or, if your users have e-mail addresses associated with their user configurations, those users would get system level alerts such as lost comm to NetBotz devices or any server faults. Still, that from address would be something you would have had to configure. 

What is the e-mail that you are receiving telling you? As far as I can tell from googling, I find at least part of that address here:

http://www.aboutus.com/800OneMail.com

This appears to be a domain hosting service possibly among other things such as:

Secure connectivity, wireless and email.

. Is it possible that the discovery is being seen by these systems and reported by them?

If you want to be sure if it is or is not coming from the DCE server, I would suggest running a packet capture at the server itself. You would either need to connect a hub at the server and also connect a system running packet capture software or you can mirror the port. Here's an example Cisco post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10172426/how-can-i-run-packet-sniffer-router-or-switch

Thanks,

Steve

(CID:105470089)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.