Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84650members
353989posts

Virtual ViewX client on Mobile gives in DesktopSite on every click the keyboard

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

wsoetekouw
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Virtual ViewX client on Mobile gives in DesktopSite on every click the keyboard

When we have a virtual viewX client (Geo Scada 2019) in mobile site on a Android mobile it works fine but if we set the view of the virtual viewX client to desktopsite on the mobile we get on every touch on the screen the keyboard visible.

Is there a setting we have to change that the keyboard is not shown on every click in the mimic/screen?

1 Reply 1
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Virtual ViewX client on Mobile gives in DesktopSite on every click the keyboard

Are you able to clarify which on-screen keyboard it is that is actually popping up (perhaps posting screenshots, with system specific items blurred out)?

There might be three at play in your situation:

1. The ViewX in-built keyboard
  2. The VirtualViewX host OS (Windows) on-screen keyboard
  3. The Android on-screen keyboard

I suspect that you're possibly referring to either 1 or 3, since I would expect 2 to be the same between both mobile and desktop requests.  However I also expect for 1 to be the same, since ViewX most likely won't know that you've requested the desktop or mobile version of the 'website'.

I suspect that it's actually the Android onscreen keyboard that is coming up, in which case it's possibly just a glitch with that.  Perhaps try using a third party web browser app on the mobile device to see if that also triggers the same behaviour (try to find one that is not Webkit based.. since otherwise it's likely just another wrapper around the built-in Android browser).

You could also try similar on a non-Android device (i.e. iOS), if that platform also has the option to request the desktop/mobile website.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..