Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84647members
353987posts

Last Updated Time for a group of Analog Points

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

ash_aqx
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Last Updated Time for a group of Analog Points

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a Last Updated timestamp for a group of analog data points.

This is to try and determine the last time that a device was seen. There isn't currently a field available in the base MQTT driver that allows me to just check that the device, and analog points within have actually received data. The healthy flag is set as long as the topic subscription is successful.

I'm currently trying to use the Calculation Time Point. But this doesn't allow for a wild card selection (ie ".$.CurrentTime") for the expression.

Ideally this would update as soon as any data is received into an Analog point in the group containing the my MQTT data points.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock

Re: Last Updated Time for a group of Analog Points

Simple Expressions do not support 'wildcards'.  They must be entirely resolvable at "save-time".

You could use some ST logic to do this, with some SQL.

I'd probably use the Query Processor MAX() / MIN() aggregates to find the oldest / newest data timestamp as required.

For convenience at a latter time you could request some DataPointTimestamp property on Scanners / Outstations to hold such a value.  I think it has been requested offline before, but not in the new Exchange Features section (worth a search of the Exchange for it anyway).  If you create it, I'll upvote it.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
ash_aqx
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Last Updated Time for a group of Analog Points

I created an "Idea" here:

MQTT Driver: Add last seen / last updated timestamp tag to MQTT Device - Communities

This is specifically for the MQTT driver, but would probably be nice for any 'group' of points as well.