Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84612members
353910posts

Is it possible to use a sql query in ST Logic to access data in linked odbc table with 64bit driver?

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
RoyL
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Is it possible to use a sql query in ST Logic to access data in linked odbc table with 64bit driver?

When I execute a ST Logic with a sql query to a linked odbc table with a 64bit driver, I get the following program error:

QP Error - Cannot suspend Database Write Lock lock while caching the results of SQL queries for OnUpdate execution

How can I fix this error?

Accepted Solutions
HowardF
Schneider Alumni (Retired)

Re: Is it possible to use a sql query in ST Logic to access data in linked odbc table with 64bit driver?

I can see one similar issue raised before, and on that occasion it was resolved by 'adding the NOCACHE attribute to the VAR ... END_VAR block that contains the query.'.  Is NOCACHE defined?  

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
MikaelKrantz
Spock Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Is it possible to use a sql query in ST Logic to access data in linked odbc table with 64bit driver?

What type of system are you asking about?

RoyL
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

ClearScada: CS2017 R3

ODBC DSN: 64bit

When I run the query in an eventwindow or mimic script I get the data (no error),
when I try to execute a ST Logic with the same query I get the error

HowardF

I can see one similar issue raised before, and on that occasion it was resolved by 'adding the NOCACHE attribute to the VAR ... END_VAR block that contains the query.'.  Is NOCACHE defined?  

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock

Using an Linked ODBC Table in an ST query is a really bad idea.  I would recommend that you try to look at an alternative method of getting this data into your ClearSCADA system if at all possible.

The additional performance (and availability) issues around the Linked ODBC table will result in issues with Database Locks which will affect your entire ClearSCADA system.

You could possibly do a push from an SSIS package or similar (if using MSSQL) into a ClearSCADA DataTable, so that the ST SQL query is referencing a native ClearSCADA Table.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Tags (3)
RoyL
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi BevanWeiss,

Thanks for your recommendation!

RoyL
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi HowardF,

This was the trick!

Thanks for your solution!