Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84650members
353990posts

[Imported] Scadapack trend sample data

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Scadapack trend sample data

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:ClearSCADA Software<<
User: florian, originally posted: 2018-10-24 22:02:54 Id:210
This is a re-posting from the obsoleted (October 2018) "Schneider Electric Telemetry & SCADA" forum.

----------------

**_ebennett:_**
**_Hi_**

**_I have setup the RTU to trend pulse counts every 15mins. One record logs the change and the other logs the current value.The RTU creates files which I can retrieve using E Configurator. In CS I have setup the Trend points and they only seem to update when I manually retrieve them by right clicking on the RTU, where do I set up the file uplad Frequency ?_**

**_Cheers_**

-------------

dmercer:
I've never used these before, but the help doc goves you this information at:

Driver Reference DNP3 SCADAPack E Driver Configuring DNP3 SCADAPack E Trend Sampler Functionality Example Configuration

The outstation should have SCADAPack Tab. In that tab under Trend Retrieval you can set when CS will retieve the tend data from the RTU.

---------------------

bevanweiss:
I would not recommend using Trend Points. They are incredibly specific to SCADAPack RTUs, and aren't really 'standard' in any means.

If you want a trend, you can get the same by using normal DNP3 points which are historised.

If you have the pulse counter feeding a DNP3 Counter point (as happens by default) then you just configure a Class against the counter, and a deadband for the events to be generated. When ClearSCADA does a poll then it will retrieve the DNP3 event records for the Counter point, and you'll have your trend available...