Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

[Imported] Licenses Categories

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Licenses Categories

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Forum Information<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2019-05-23 01:53:27 Id:432
I am just wondering is there a generic list of what SCADA specifies as a "Licensed point" just so I have some gauge of cost impact at the institution I am at in creating new systems.

Accepted Solutions
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: [Imported] Licenses Categories

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: JesseChamberlain, posted: 2019-05-23 04:06:20
General rule is anything with 'point' in the name that isn't in a template. Help ref:
System Administration Server Administration Server License Settings Understanding the License Details Window

Reply From User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, posted: 2019-05-23 05:00:19
Thanks for the guidance Jesse!

Reply From User: hardin4019, posted: 2019-05-23 14:06:55
I was hoping to find the old post that gave me the original query, but if you need to do a count or see what points you are using that count against your licensed point count, query the CDBPoint table IE:

Select Count(*) FROM CDBPoint

Reply From User: du5tin, posted: 2019-05-23 17:01:20
It would be amazing if there were OPC tags/leaves with some of the general status information for animating mimics. Number of points used and licensed, WebX/ViewX clients used and licensed.

Reply From User: JesseChamberlain, posted: 2019-05-24 01:53:42
du5tin, there is a PDEV for exactly that, PDEV_1200. I've added a vote on your behalf. Anyone else reading this please feel fee to contact support and quote that ticket if you would like this feature.

Reply From User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-05-27 19:51:49
https://tprojects.schneider-electric.com/telemetry/display/CS/Calculating+the+Server+Point+Count

So basically CDBPoint + CDBPulse, not in template.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: [Imported] Licenses Categories

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: JesseChamberlain, posted: 2019-05-23 04:06:20
General rule is anything with 'point' in the name that isn't in a template. Help ref:
System Administration Server Administration Server License Settings Understanding the License Details Window

Reply From User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, posted: 2019-05-23 05:00:19
Thanks for the guidance Jesse!

Reply From User: hardin4019, posted: 2019-05-23 14:06:55
I was hoping to find the old post that gave me the original query, but if you need to do a count or see what points you are using that count against your licensed point count, query the CDBPoint table IE:

Select Count(*) FROM CDBPoint

Reply From User: du5tin, posted: 2019-05-23 17:01:20
It would be amazing if there were OPC tags/leaves with some of the general status information for animating mimics. Number of points used and licensed, WebX/ViewX clients used and licensed.

Reply From User: JesseChamberlain, posted: 2019-05-24 01:53:42
du5tin, there is a PDEV for exactly that, PDEV_1200. I've added a vote on your behalf. Anyone else reading this please feel fee to contact support and quote that ticket if you would like this feature.

Reply From User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-05-27 19:51:49
https://tprojects.schneider-electric.com/telemetry/display/CS/Calculating+the+Server+Point+Count

So basically CDBPoint + CDBPulse, not in template.