Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84650members
353992posts

[Imported] Dongle

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Dongle

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:ClearSCADA Software<<
User: KylePaynter123, originally posted: 2019-10-03 15:46:29 Id:530
Quick and easy one guys what would happen if a dongle is removed/ disconnected for a short period of time mainly to the the Dongle ID and back in the client

Accepted Solutions
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: [Imported] Dongle

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: KylePaynter123, posted: 2019-10-03 15:47:13
mainly to see the Dongle ID and the plug it back into the client

Reply From User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-10-03 22:53:16
Depends on the timing, I think the licence check is done every minute and so if timed right (good luck working that out 🙂 ) nothing will likely happen.

However if you did go over a licence check the server will enter a 2 hour demo runtime state, and as long as you put the dongle back within those two hours it should be fine. Although I haven't done this is years, something may have changed to stop licence abuse.

However, if you have one of the drivers that must have a licence to run, i.e. they will not run in demo mode and the only one I can think of is DNP3-WITS, then that may shut down the driver and when you plug the dongle back in you may need to restart that driver via Server Status.

Why do you need to unplug it? What id are you after?

Reply From User: geoffpatton, posted: 2019-10-04 21:02:21
Probably the serial number since you can't read that with software. That used to annoy me so much, but now those have all either been written down or are now using license file.

Reply From User: KylePaynter123, posted: 2019-10-06 21:44:15
[at]adamwoodland I was simply trying to get the Dongle ID, I was doing a Licence update and wanted to clarify the ID number on the side of the Dongle

Reply From User: KylePaynter123, posted: 2019-10-06 21:48:54
Thanks for the info guys

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: [Imported] Dongle

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: KylePaynter123, posted: 2019-10-03 15:47:13
mainly to see the Dongle ID and the plug it back into the client

Reply From User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-10-03 22:53:16
Depends on the timing, I think the licence check is done every minute and so if timed right (good luck working that out 🙂 ) nothing will likely happen.

However if you did go over a licence check the server will enter a 2 hour demo runtime state, and as long as you put the dongle back within those two hours it should be fine. Although I haven't done this is years, something may have changed to stop licence abuse.

However, if you have one of the drivers that must have a licence to run, i.e. they will not run in demo mode and the only one I can think of is DNP3-WITS, then that may shut down the driver and when you plug the dongle back in you may need to restart that driver via Server Status.

Why do you need to unplug it? What id are you after?

Reply From User: geoffpatton, posted: 2019-10-04 21:02:21
Probably the serial number since you can't read that with software. That used to annoy me so much, but now those have all either been written down or are now using license file.

Reply From User: KylePaynter123, posted: 2019-10-06 21:44:15
[at]adamwoodland I was simply trying to get the Dongle ID, I was doing a Licence update and wanted to clarify the ID number on the side of the Dongle

Reply From User: KylePaynter123, posted: 2019-10-06 21:48:54
Thanks for the info guys