Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84247members
353347posts

How do I create an instance of the interface IQuerySource (ClearScada.Client.Advanced.IQuerySource )

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
Experimentalist
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

How do I create an instance of the interface IQuerySource (ClearScada.Client.Advanced.IQuerySource )

I am trying to execute a query using the IQuery interface (ClearScada.Client.Advanced.IQuery). I can see using the Visual Studio object browser that the IQuerySource interface provides a method to do this:

IQuery PrepareQuery(string query, QueryParseParameters parameters);

However this is not a static method and so I need to find the method that returns an IQuerySource object and I have searched high and low but cannot find one.

Does anyone have any ideas?

@sbeadle do you have an examples to share of querying the Geo SCADA Expert DB using the Geo SCADA Expert Client API?

I know how to do this using ODBC but I want to understand and use the Geo SCADA Expert Client API.

Accepted Solutions
Experimentalist
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: How do I create an instance of the interface IQuerySource (ClearScada.Client.Advanced.IQuerySource )

Not to worry, having thought a little harder and dug a little deeper it seemed obvious that the interface must be implemented by the  server node or server itself. The IServer interface implements the IQuerySource interface and so the server interface object obtained from the ServerNode.Connect method exposes the PrepareQuery method, got it? Thanks for looking anyway (o:

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Experimentalist
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: How do I create an instance of the interface IQuerySource (ClearScada.Client.Advanced.IQuerySource )

Not to worry, having thought a little harder and dug a little deeper it seemed obvious that the interface must be implemented by the  server node or server itself. The IServer interface implements the IQuerySource interface and so the server interface object obtained from the ServerNode.Connect method exposes the PrepareQuery method, got it? Thanks for looking anyway (o:

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes