Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

GeoSCADA Expert Client side connection

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
jen6190
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

GeoSCADA Expert Client side connection

Please i have setup a GeoSCADA Server and client station on two different servers, and configured the ViewX Client configuration accordingly. But when i try connecting the Client to the Server it connects but when i try to login it keeps telling me incorrect Password on the ViewX Workspace.

Please is there a step i'm missing?

Isn't the username and password i put on the ViewX workspace supposed to be the server Database username and password?

Accepted Solutions
geoffpatton
Commander
Commander

Re: GeoSCADA Expert Client side connection

If you are trying to log in with the super user from a remote client it won't work. The super user can only login on the server it is setup on. To login from a Client you have to setup a user and its database security in the database.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
geoffpatton
Commander
Commander

If you are trying to log in with the super user from a remote client it won't work. The super user can only login on the server it is setup on. To login from a Client you have to setup a user and its database security in the database.

jen6190
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thank you! Lesson learnt, i did not know of this before now

geoffpatton
Commander
Commander

You are welcome, it is a security measure that was implemented to help prevent unauthorized access from the clients with a user that has full system right and a static password. Best practices also recommends that once you have your security configuration working as desired in your database that you disable the super user.