Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84547members
353802posts

ClearSCADA SOAP Interface

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

chamara2k
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

ClearSCADA SOAP Interface

HI Everyone,

Appreciate your help on this.

We have an old dot.net framework 4.5 application which connects to ClearSCADA using SOAP interface as follows.

Please see the following link for your reference.

https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/Geo-SCADA-Knowledge-Base/Using-SOAP-interface-to-connect-to-Cle...

We want to convert this into dot.net core 5.0 and we are struggling to do that, We tried to add SOAP service reference as a connected WCF services in dot.net core project but no luck.

Can someone help me with a sample dot.net core 5.0 project (C# or VB.net).

Appreciate your help on this. 

1 Reply 1
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: ClearSCADA SOAP Interface

With SOAP it is agnostic of what version of .NET you are using.

ClearSCADA / Geo SCADA Expert shouldn't even know that you're using .NET

You will need to handle bundle the authentication token header info into your SOAP requests, and handle retrieving the authentication token outside of the SOAP 'stream' itself... But again, that's independent of what SOAP framework you're using.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..