When a Netcontroller is powered off, resets or loses communication to the AC-1 IOU modules, the modules become stand alone.
- Netcontroller II (CX9680), Netcontroller (CX9900, CX9940)
- IOU Modules AC-1, AC-1A, AC-1Plus
- Custom Wiegand
Need to understand what functionality AC-1 IOU modules provide without a Netcontroller
If using one of the standard Wiegand data formats i.e. Continuum 37 bit, 26 bit etc then the AC-1 module will operate in site code only:
- This is known as degrade mode and means any card from that site will be granted access to the door.
- The module verifies the presented card is of the correct data format and has the correct parity,
- The module checks the site code against one of the 4 possible site codes stored in NVRAM.
The AC1 and AC-1A only support the first two site codes in degrade mode.
The AC-1Plus can support all four site codes in degrade mode.
There is no recording of events when the Netcontroller comms are lost.
Programs that are controlling the module no longer work
This is different to normal operation where both the card number and the site code are verified to ensure that the individual person has access to the specific area.
When using custom card formats and the module is operating in degrade mode: