Need to upgrade sites with Report Server to EBO 2022 or higher.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Enterprise Central
- Building Operation Report Server
- Building Operation Timescale Database
WebReports/Report Server isn’t supported in EBO 2022 (V4.0) or higher.
Since WebReports/Report Server isn’t supported in EBO 2022 (V4.0) or higher, there is a Data Migration Assistant (DMA) tool available which read data from a WebReports 3.x and write it to External Log Storage.
You use External Log Storage feature to store historical data from EcoStruxure BMS. The amount of stored data is limited only by the equipment you use, and not by the capacities of the feature. When the External Log Storage feature is activated and configured, WorkStation and WebStation display the historical data in the event and trend views from the External Log Storage.
- Data Migration Assistant (DMA) Tool can be downloaded from here.
- License required: External Log Storage requires license, refer to Software and Features that Require Licenses and Part Number Summary and Hardware Software Matrix
- Hardware and Software requirement for External Log Storage: Ensure that the hardware and software requirements for TimescaleDB (www.timescale.com) and PostgreSQL (www.postgresql.org) are met. High-performance SSD storage is required and additional CPU/RAM capacity is required for larger EcoStruxure BMSs. As an example, at least 64 GB of RAM is recommended for systems with 100 EcoStruxure BMS servers. Refer to: Information Technology System Planning Guide (se.com)
- Merging Log data: External Log Storage decreases the amount of extended trend logs retained on the EcoStruxure BMS servers. You can merge log data from an extended trend log to the source log in External Log Storage. For more information, see Merging of Trend Log Data.
- Enhanced Reporting (XLSX Report Templates): The EcoStruxure BMS servers (3.2 or higher) provide built-in functionality for basic reporting that can deliver reports in any text format and XLSX, without any dependencies to other external software. Reports for XLSX can be enriched by using advanced functionality such as formulas, conditional formatting, charts and sparklines. If External Log Storage is configured and connected (PostgreSQL/TimescaleDB), then historical report data can be fetched from there. Refer to: Examples for the new native EBO Notification Reports - Communities (se.com)