Epson LQ-300+ II Printer does not work correctly in Windows 7 when used as an Alarm printer. Epson LQ-300+ II fails to print.
- Epson LQ-300+ II
- Windows 7 64-bit
When the printer is set to Continuous Print, alarms are spooled but the printer fails to print. The printer only prints if a change is made within Sigma > Alarm Manager > Configure > Live Printers.
In this example the Epson LQ-300+ II printer was used.
- Remove the printer from the Devices and Printers window.
- Re-install the printer by "Add Printer." Use the CD that came with the printer and load the Windows XP 32-bit driver. Do not use the Windows 7 driver.
Note: the printer name will be slightly different!
- Set the Printer Properties > Advanced tab > Print Processor to "Raw [FF auto]"
- Set the Printer to "Spool directly to the printer"
- Set the paper, fanfold or A4.
- Shut down the Sigma Client and Sigma Server, delete the printerconfigsnn.rec file in C:\sigma\data folder. (This will remove the old printer name in Sigma with the Windows 7 driver and avoid any confusion)
- Start Sigma Server and the Sigma Client, in Alarm Manager, highlight and re-assign the printer, set to continuous, tick LF and CR boxes.