An "A cached program cannot be opened while it is being written" error is displayed when attempting to open a program on a controller.
When attempting to remove the program it does not delete and an error is shown in the distribution Properties - 'A cached program cannot be saved because the synchronization lock times out'.
The program has not compiled properly in the controller and is in a locked state.
- Take the Workstation into offline mode.
- Export the program to a dump file to back it up.
- Still in offline mode, delete the program.
- Reload the controller.
- Once the reload is complete, create the program again and then add the code from your dump file backup.
- Save the program and test.