Unable to Upload or display point data on an I/NET Controller in StruxureWare Workstation
I/NET to StruxureWare Integration
The most common cause for I/NET controllers to not integrate with StruxureWare are duplicate point names or illegal characters in use
- In Building Operation Workstation, right click on the errant I/NET controller and select "Upload"
- This is expected to fail at this point
- Browse to the Enterprise Server Directory as displayed in Building Operation Software Administrator
- Look in the db/Logs folder
- Locate the trace log and open it using a text editor
- scroll to the last line of the log and look for an entry that contains inet information.
- If the error is caused by duplicate point names, this will be the trace log entry:
2014-01-30 20:00:25.587  nsp.pin.inet.GetAllPoints InetPlugIn::ProcessChangeSetList failed RecoverableException: d:\dev\rb-int-v140-sp1-system\source\packages\commons\components\C3Po\nsp_servers\csc\changesetmanager\source\ChangeSetTransaction.cpp(987) Error: Object_Already_Exists (0x40006), module Runtime_Db_Manager(41), moduleCode 0, dispString "~/INET Interface/0321 - SBOtester/Point1", techString ""
- Note the text dispString "~/INET Interface/0321 - SBOtester/Point1", techString ""
- This indicates that there is a point on the controller named "Point1" which is causing the error
- In I/NET workstation, connect to the controller
- Rename the point indicated above
- Perform a station save and attempt to upload the controller again. If it fails a second time, repeat steps 3-10 until you have removed all illegal entries
- Use RdInet to view the Save file.
- Click on Save Page
- Open the .csv file in Excel and sort the data by Name
- Locate the Point indicated above and notice that there will be 2 objects of the same name.
- In I/NET identify these 2 points. Very likely, one will not actually exist.
- Copy the Point that exists to the address that was indicated as a duplicate in Excel
- Delete the newly created point to permanently remove the object from the .sav file.
- Perform a station save and attempt to upload the controller again. Repeat this process if necessary.