Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Confirming compatible Modbus data types available for a Sigma IC3 Modbus
- Sigma Release 4_05-SEB (Build 3_43_18)
- Sigma Release 4_05-SP2 (Build 3_42_48)
- Sigma Release 4_06 (Build 3_44_14)
- Sigma Release 4_06 SP1 (Build 3_44_16)
- Sigma Release 4_07 (Build 3_45_48)
- Sigma Release 4_07-SP1 (Build 3_45_51)
- Sigma Release 4_07-SP2 (Build 3_45_58)
- Sigma Release 4_08 (Build 3_46_57)
- IC3 Modbus
The use of 64-bit is not mentioned in documentation
16-bit registers are supported with all versions of Sigma.
From Sigma release 4 05 SEB (Build 3_43_18) 32-bit registers are supported.
62-bit registers are not supported with Sigma IC3.
The ba077 Modbus 32-bit application note provides information on the engineering of 32-bit registers.
Sigma 4.06 IC3 Modbus Firmware and Release Note
Sigma IC3 Modbus 1.n.2 firmware is the latest available version