Setting up live alarm printers
The need to print alarms off
Set up the alarm criteria you require to print in the "Printer Filters" setup area. The printer filters setup area can be found on the "System Alarm Manager" Window, under the menu bar heading "Configure." In this example four printer filters have been created.
- Filter P1 Alarms Only (Priority 1 alarms)
- Filter P2 Alarms Only (Priority 2 alarms)
- Filter P3 Alarms Only (Priority 3 alarms)
- Filter All Alarms
The "Live printer" setup area can be found on the "System Alarm Manager" Window, under the menu bar heading "Configure" (just below "Printer Filters"). There are two stages to setting the “Live Alarm Printer Routing”:
- Enabling the printer for use
- Configuring the particular filter to the required printer
Example single printer:
- Enable the required printer by ticking the enable box for the printer.
- Select the printer (highlighted).
- Select the filters you would like to use for this printer.
- Select OK.
The "Live Alarm Printer Routing" is now configured to print all alarms to network printer "Xerox03."
Example multiple printer:
- Enable the required printers by ticking the enable boxes for the printers.
- Select the filters you would like to use for each printer in turn.
- As you select the various printers the lower box show the specific printer filter the printer will use.
- Select OK.
The "Live Alarm Printer Routing" is now configured to print:
- All priority 1 alarms to network printer "Xerox01"
- All priority 2 alarms to network printer "Xerox02"
- All priority 3 alarms to network printer "Xerox03"
Note: Only one filter can be referenced to a printer. If you wanted to send just priority 1, 2 and 3 alarms to Xerox03, you would need to create a new "Printer Filter" and configure it for the priority 1, 2 and 3 requirements, then configure the required printer to use this new filter. The image below has been set up to send all priority 1, 2 and 3 alarms to printer Xerox03.
Selecting a printer in the printer selection window, shows the configured filter in the filter box below. Selecting a filter in the filter selection window, changes the filter for the selected printer. Further information regarding this object can be found in the VisiSat help file and engineering guide.