How can an IC-LON be replaced, does it require new bindings to be established in LonMaker for Windows?
Faulty IC-LON or IC3-LON hardware is being replaced, the new hardware has a different neuron ID than the original.
Lonmaker for Windows (LM4W) has a facility to replace an existing device without affecting existing bindings or requiring additional LNS credits, this procedure will be used to replace the IC-LON.
1. Install the replacement IC3-LON and configure it on the Sigma network using SDCU.
2. The new IC3-LON should coldstart and receive the required files from the Sigma server, if not initiate a coldstart to ensure it has the required files.
3. Connect to the LON and open the LM4W project used to engineer and commission the original IC-LON.
4. Open the LM4W project and select the IC-LON device (Note: select the device not it's function block) in the drawing and choose “Replace…” from the right click menu.
5. The Replace Device wizard will run.
6. Select use existing template. and click Next.
7. The next screen can be left as is, click Next.
8. Specify “Online” as the initial state as appropriate and select “new device values” as the source of Configuration Properties then click Next.
9. Select the desired method of entering the new service pin then click Finish.
10. The Service pin dialog will be displayed
11. Press the service pin on the IC3-LON LonWorks daughter card and the device should be commissioned and all bindings reasserted.
12. After the replace process is completed ensure that the NvConfig.bin file is uploaded to the Sigma Server so that binding information is retained after a coldstart.