- SmartConnector 2.5 uses the Flexera licensing model.
- Version 2.4 and below used native licensing.
- How can the existing license be upgraded for SmartConnector 2.5?
EcoStruxure Building Operation, Flexera
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Flexera FlexNet Operations
SmartConnector 2.5 uses the Flexera licensing model. That means you will license SmartConnector using the License Administrator interface.
Prior to version 2.5, SmartConnector licensing used a native licensing model.
SmartConnector 2.5 will still support the native licensing structure that we have for SmartConnector today for its core license. The way this works is as follows...
There are two parts to SmartConnector licensing.
- There is the core, or runtime license which is used to license the web portal and the windows service.
- There is a second part that licenses the integrations and SmartConnector extensions. These are licensed separately.
When installing SmartConnector for the first time at version 2.5 a single comprehensive license (incorporating the core and integrations licenses) is purchased. This license is applied using the License Administrator application.
In cases where SmartConnector is being upgraded from a pre-2.5 version, the core license will remain installed as a native license.
Your integrations license upgrade would be installed using License Administrator.
Obviously, with SmartConnector you could run lots of different extensions on the same machine. You would still only have one SmartConnector core license but you would license your extensions individually. So you could have many integration licenses running on the Flexera server, while your core license remains in place.