The following Popup window is displayed when attempting to open WorkPlace Tech.
Unable to load WorkPlace Tech Ribbon for Visio.
There was a problem loading the WorkPlace Tech Fluent Ribbon for Visio, therefore, it will be unavailable.
TAC IA Series
- Visio 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019
- WorkPlace Tech Tool release 5.8 or later
If Visio crashes when a third-party ribbon bar function is in use, Visio may lockout that ribbon bar, believing that something on that ribbon bar caused Visio to crash. In this case, a menu function, selected from the WorkPlace Tech (WPT) ribbon bar was being processed at the time Visio crashed, therefore Visio locked out the WorkPlace Tech ribbon bar.
This is a system protection mechanism built into the ribbon bar handler in all Microsoft Office applications including Visio.
To re-enable the WorkPlace Tech ribbon bar, perform the following steps:
- Open Visio. NOTE: Open Visio, not WorkPlace Tech.
- Select Options from the File menu.
- From the menu in the Visio Options window, select Add-ins
- At the bottom of the window, you will see a field that says 'Manage:' with a selection box after it, select 'Disabled Items' and then click the [Go] button.
- In the 'Disabled Items' window, select 'WorkPlaceTech.VisioRibbon' then click the [Enable] button.
- Close the open Visio windows and sub-windows.
After closing Visio, the WorkPlace Tech ribbon bar will be available in WorkPlace Tech.