It is not possible to extract a Menta file directly from a Xenta programmable. If a backup of the Menta file, or a backup of the Vista database is not available, there is no way to extract the program from the controller.
"File object contain no actual MTA file" when trying to open a Menta file.
- Xenta Programmable
- Xenta 280, 281, 282, 283, 300, 301, 302, 401, 401:B
Going out to a job site without a database backup, or a backup of the Menta applications (.MTA), leaves no way to view the Menta that is running in a Xenta programmable controller.
- Find a backup of the .MTA Menta application that has been downloaded previously into the controller.
- Find a backup of the Vista database. Menta files are stored in the Vista database for each programmable controller.
- To extract a Menta file from a Vista database, the preferred method is described in Get all MTA files saved from a Vista Database.
- To extract the files one at a time, right-click on the controller and select Edit.
Connecting to a live controller, it is possible to view all public values inside the controller and to extract a .COD code file. Unfortunately, these cannot be used to create a .MTA to view the logic.