How can I streamline badge creation in Security Expert?
EcoExpert Security Expert
- Security Expert Server
- Security Expert Client
There is no "Import/Export badge" feature available in Security Expert
(unlike in Episuite/Continuum)
Badge templates are normally provided by the customer. They should be provided in bitmap (.bmp) or portable graphics format (.png) format.
JPEG image format does not work well for resizing.
A new template can also be drawn though this is time consuming.
1. In Security Expert Client menu, go to Users--> Card Template Editor
- Add and name new template,
2. Add blank template as image, go to right side Properties-->Images
- Add blank template
- Adjust image to fit blue outline
3. Add dynamic user fields, go to right side Properties-->User Fields
- Add and name fields ONE AT A TIME by dragging out items on to plan
(drag one at a time to avoid confusion)
4. Name and place dynamic user fields over-top of blank template layout (Photo, Name, Dept, etc.)
5. Save template
6. Preview badge
In Security Expert, go to Users--> Users-->Photo tab
Select a user:
- Photo ID: Card template(drop-down menu)--> Choose newly created template
- Photo section: hover over "Print Card >" for card options
- Print & Process Template - print to pdf/image, etc
Note: Do not choose Print & Read if no USB card reader is attached; this will cause an error and shut down Security Expert