Need to change the same attributes of a large number of the same object class all at once.
Some object attributes are not able to be modified from a Listview. What is a method to change these attributes?
In the example below we will be modifying the InfinityInput objects LogType, Size, and LogIntervalSecs attributes to change the logging parameters using the "Import from Dump File" method.
Before importing anything backup the database, do this now.
- Go into Offline Mode.
- Use a ListView to get all the inputs you want to modify. This could be All_Inputs but I'd suggest creating a new one that has the same fields and maybe a filter to weed out the inputs you do not want to change. (you can also use the default listview and just select the inputs you want to modify)
- In the Listview; select "Edit -> Select All" and the "Object -> Send To -> Text File...". Give the file a name and press Save.
- Edit your Dump file with Notepad++ or similar text editor and change the fields that you want to change. Search and Replace may save time. Save the file.
- In ContinuumExplorer; go to the Root, Right-click and select "Import Into..." and select the file you just modified. This will import the Dump file and overwrite the objects with your changes.
- Checking the Distribution Properties window you will find that there may be errors about duplicate channel numbers - disregard this for now.
- Go back into Online mode.
- Confirm the changes have been applied by rerunning the ListView.
- Select your inputs that were changed and Right-click "Send to -> Controller" to send these changes down to the controller.