Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Require a method on how to apply individual setpoints in EBO when Users are granted access at a Security Expert Door.
EcoStruxure Security Expert, EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Security Expert
- EcoStruxure Building Operation
An example of this would be to have room temperature setpoints, or other specific settings, be changed when specific Users are granted access to a room or area.
One method on how to do this would be to create a separate Access Level and Access Level Output for each user. When the User with that Access Level is granted access the associated output will be enabled.
Using the EWS integration, the states of these virtual outputs can then be monitored within EBO and action were taken when they change state.
ResolutionPerform the following steps to configure this:
- Create an Access Level for each User object.
- Create a virtual output for each User object.
A virtual output is an output object that is not assigned to an output expanders physical outputs. You could create outputs on existing expanders above the maximum output channel that you will be using but it is recommended putting these virtual outputs on a completely different module address outside the range that will be used for any physical modules. Module address = 32 would be a recommended starting value. Steps would be:
- Under Programming | Outputs create three new outputs.
- Set Module Type to "Output (PX)"
- Set module address to "32" or greater.
- Set Module Output to "1", "2", "3", etc...
- Save the changes.
- For each of the Access Levels add the corresponding virtual output to the Access Levels Output tab.
- Ensure the Access Level has access to the Door(s) in question.
- Set the Time to Activate (seconds) in the Access Level | General tab to something appropriate such as 5s. The output will disable after this time period.
- Set the Reader Access Activates Output on the Access Level.
- Set Activate Access Level Output on the Reader Expander | Misc Options.