Webpinpoint runs for awhile then gives the error Failed Creation IDNLiveDataPtr
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2008
The IIS Resources are recycled after a period of time (default is 29 hours). This disconnects webpinpoint after this time.
The Webclient Installation and Planning Guide describes this for Windows Server 2003
1. From the Windows Control Panel, double click and open Administrative Tools. The Administrative Tools dialog appears. Appendix A: web.Client Security and Troubleshooting Tips Andover Continuum web.Client Planning and Installation Guide 149
2. Double click and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. The Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager dialog appears.
3. In the navigational directory, expand your local computer directory.
4. Expand the Application Pools directory.
5. Right click on DefaultAppPool, and from the popup menu, select Properties. The DefaultAppPool Properties dialog appears.
6. Select the Recycling tab.
7. Next to the Recycle worker processes (in minutes) checkbox, which should be checked, notice the field displaying the default number of minutes - 1740 minutes. This is equivalent to 29 hours.
8. To lengthen this time, use the field's up-arrow button to add minutes. (Use the down arrow to subtract minutes.)
9. Click OK.
Windows 7/Server 2008 Similar steps as above with a couple differences because of the interface.
In IIS Manager Select Recycling(Link in Actions Pane)
Deselect Regular Time Intervals in Minutes then Next then Finish
Select Advanced Settings(Link in Actions Pane)
Set to 0 then Ok