Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84700members
354075posts

Does a DWORD occupies always 32bits in memory?

Ask the Community

New users can ask questions related to our Communities, get tips and tricks on posting and commenting in forums, and solving challenges.

Solved
Kers
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Does a DWORD occupies always 32bits in memory?

Hello everyone,

I am having some problems that I cannot explained and I might think that is because data types and size in memory. So If anyone could tell me whether there is any case in which a DWORD can occupies more than 32bits or DWORD would always occupy 32bits no matter what.

Thanks in advanced.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
MikaelKrantz
Spock Spock
Spock

Re: Does a DWORD occupies always 32bits in memory?

As you did not specify where you have the DWORD, a generic answer is that a DWORD is 32 bit.

However, in some applications, you may not always got the DWORD, so you may need to reserve or allocate more bytes, but I think that is special cases, normally it is 32 bit. 

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
MikaelKrantz
Spock Spock
Spock

Re: Does a DWORD occupies always 32bits in memory?

As you did not specify where you have the DWORD, a generic answer is that a DWORD is 32 bit.

However, in some applications, you may not always got the DWORD, so you may need to reserve or allocate more bytes, but I think that is special cases, normally it is 32 bit. 

Tags (1)