Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82472members
350044posts

samrt ups, surtd5000, power failed, battery life ran out, power came back.

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
wodimkpa_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

samrt ups, surtd5000, power failed, battery life ran out, power came back.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/29/2009

Hi all,

I am using the SURTD5000 to power some cisco switches in my network, when the main power failed, most time on weekend, the battery life run out, but when the main power come back, the ups will not power on itself, I have to mannually reset the UPS, SO WHY WILL THE UPS NOT POWER ITSELF UP?.

Austin
ICT Department

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: samrt ups, surtd5000, power failed, battery life ran out, power came ba

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/29/2009

one thing i can think to check is to log into the network management card and navigate to the UPS->Powerchute->Configuration section of the network management card and ensure that the On-Battery Shutdown Behavior: is set to Restart when power is restored.

also, if you can provide the data and event logs from the UPS that would be a big help too.

[check here to see how to do that|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9321]

thanks

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: samrt ups, surtd5000, power failed, battery life ran out, power came ba

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/29/2009

one thing i can think to check is to log into the network management card and navigate to the UPS->Powerchute->Configuration section of the network management card and ensure that the On-Battery Shutdown Behavior: is set to Restart when power is restored.

also, if you can provide the data and event logs from the UPS that would be a big help too.

[check here to see how to do that|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9321]

thanks