Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82543members
350152posts

resetting outlet port...

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
baracuda_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

resetting outlet port...

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/28/2007

Hi,

I am using UPC, model AP7831 is a 16 port outlet Metered Rack PDU. It has a ethernet port and a rj11 for serial port connection. My question is , can I use the ethernet port to reset any 1-16 port instead of using X10 without affecting other ports? thanks for reply.
thanks,

Message was edited by: baracuda

Accepted Solutions
dirtfoot_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: resetting outlet port...

The AP7831 is an APC Metered PDU. APC's Metered PDUs do not offer the ability to control (turn on/off) the outlets. They do have an ethernet port, and a web interface. The interface allows you to monitor the status of the PDU, see the aggregate current draw, and configure alarm thresholds, and actions.

APCs Switched PDUs do offer the ability to control groups of, or individual outlets remotely through a similar interface.

You can see APC's line of Switched PDUs here:
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=70

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
dirtfoot_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi baracuda,
The metered PDUs do not have switchable outlets - only the Switched PDUs do. Is that what you were asking about? I apologize if I am misunderstanding your question.

baracuda_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Hi Dirtfoot,

Thanks for correcting the terms I have used, I believed only the PDU has a swiched (ethernet) port that allowed to manage the outlets. Can you please answer the questions that I have asked ?

thanks,
-Hai

Message was edited by: baracuda

dirtfoot_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

The AP7831 is an APC Metered PDU. APC's Metered PDUs do not offer the ability to control (turn on/off) the outlets. They do have an ethernet port, and a web interface. The interface allows you to monitor the status of the PDU, see the aggregate current draw, and configure alarm thresholds, and actions.

APCs Switched PDUs do offer the ability to control groups of, or individual outlets remotely through a similar interface.

You can see APC's line of Switched PDUs here:
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=70