Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84606members
353882posts

random restarts due to ups

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
mariobob_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

random restarts due to ups

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/5/2017

hey guys i have apc ups model bx600ci-in , i bought it 2 years ago and it has started giving problem like it gives only 1-2 sec of battrey backup at power shortages but the main problem is whenever i am using the pc it causes it to restart at random occassions . its warraty expired 2 months ago so i cant get it replaced or checked. any suggestions on what might be causing the problem? and ways to fix it?

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: random restarts due to ups

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/6/2017

First, I recommend contacting APC tech support for their advice and to check if the UPS is under warranty.

Battery vs UPS is a little tough because your UPS is only two years old and should only need a battery replacement. But if it's rebooting your PC for a different reason, you wouldn't want to replace the battery. Ideally you would test using another battery but not everyone has extras lying around. So that's another reason to contact tech support -- they have more experience for that decision.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/5/2017

It sounds like a bad battery. Your UPS has automatic voltage regulation which boosts and trims the voltage. When transitioning between boost, trim and online, the UPS briefly goes to battery. If the battery cannot support the load, you may experience a reboot.

mariobob_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

so should i buy a new battery or invest in some new ups? which one will be more beneficial in long term?

voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

First, I recommend contacting APC tech support for their advice and to check if the UPS is under warranty.

Battery vs UPS is a little tough because your UPS is only two years old and should only need a battery replacement. But if it's rebooting your PC for a different reason, you wouldn't want to replace the battery. Ideally you would test using another battery but not everyone has extras lying around. So that's another reason to contact tech support -- they have more experience for that decision.