Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84579members
353849posts

need firmware for BackUP CS 500VA

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
reb0rn_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

need firmware for BackUP CS 500VA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/2/2008

i have friend which is trying to fix mine APC BackUPS CS 500 - serial number BK500EI BB0206009619

its quit old (5-6 years) and i don`t think it can be updated via USB, but its not a problem, friend has a epprom reprogramator

if anyone can help me and sand me firmware for it @ zexzex@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: need firmware for BackUP CS 500VA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/3/2008

The problem herein lies that you're not going to be able to take firmware from a NEW CS and copy it to an older CS. There's no way for you to interface with the UPS EEPROM like that. The firmware chip that's used in your UPS is not upgradeable by any means, so I guess I'm not really sure how you're planning on accomplishing that feat.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/2/2008

hi,

the firmware on the UPS EEPROM is proprietary APC information and cannot be given out for any purposes.

reb0rn_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I can get firmware from the same UPS but its brand new unit BackUps CS 500VA will that be compatible?

i sow at brother unit that his model (looks same as mine) have all kind of reading in the power chute and mine had only battery info...

but i have nothing to lose

PS: btw i bet any chines that have need for APC firmware has one 😛

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

The problem herein lies that you're not going to be able to take firmware from a NEW CS and copy it to an older CS. There's no way for you to interface with the UPS EEPROM like that. The firmware chip that's used in your UPS is not upgradeable by any means, so I guess I'm not really sure how you're planning on accomplishing that feat.