Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350130posts

my 8 months old SURT 8000xli ups would not come on

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
cugbeva_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

my 8 months old SURT 8000xli ups would not come on

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/5/2009

Eight months back I bought a SURT 8000xli ups. it was working well untill last week when I noticed that all five battery charging LED lights blink parmanently on Load and without load it stays without blinking. I also noticed that the replace battery LED does not come on, this made me feel that the battery is okay

Recently, the UPS backup power was completly drained and as it stands the UPS would not come on at all when connected to external utility power. I tried cold starting it but it just would not come on. occassionally the internal fault LED light comes on and off. the blinking green light at the back of the ups no longer comes on. The ups would not come on at all

please can someone help me out with how to rectify this and get my ups back to life.

Celes

Accepted Solutions
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: my 8 months old SURT 8000xli ups would not come on

So currently the UPS is off, but the fault LED still blinks from time to time? If the fault LED comes on, can you tell what battery bar graph LEDs are lit during this time?

So did this problem start after the utility power dropped and the UPS was drained down during the outage? Or did you see the flashing battery bar graph LEDs first and then experience the outage?

The issue could still be a bad battery/bad batteries since without the required DC voltage the RT systems will not power on in any "mode" at all, including bypass. If you have another RT I would recommend swapping batteries with that unit for testing.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: my 8 months old SURT 8000xli ups would not come on

So currently the UPS is off, but the fault LED still blinks from time to time? If the fault LED comes on, can you tell what battery bar graph LEDs are lit during this time?

So did this problem start after the utility power dropped and the UPS was drained down during the outage? Or did you see the flashing battery bar graph LEDs first and then experience the outage?

The issue could still be a bad battery/bad batteries since without the required DC voltage the RT systems will not power on in any "mode" at all, including bypass. If you have another RT I would recommend swapping batteries with that unit for testing.