Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82548members
350157posts

Wrong cable/connector shipped with UPS?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
kestutis_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Wrong cable/connector shipped with UPS?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/15/2015

I just received a new BX1500G and found that the key on the RJ-45 doesn't match the jack on the back of the UPS!    Looking at the front of the RJ-45 plug (locking tab on the bottom), it has one key tab on the lower left side while the jack on the UPS is made to accomodate two tabs on the middle of the plug.   I can send pictures if that would help...

Can a new cable be sent to me?

Thanks,

Kes

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Wrong cable/connector shipped with UPS?

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 6/18/2015

Hi,

The clear plastic tab goes where the yellow arrow is pointing and the gold connectors face where Data Port is written.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
7 Replies 7
Terry_Kennedy_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/16/2015

I'm not familiar with that model (and I don't work for APC), but there is normally an APC part number on all of their cables. Posting that will likely help one of the APC folks answer your question. A picture or pictures of the mismatched connectors might also be useful.

In any event, you probably want to contact the APC tech support people for your country / region as they are the ones that would send out replacement parts.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jordan on APC forums on 6/16/2015

Kes,

To work on any sort of part being sent to you from APC, you will need to call into your local technical support.  I would advise having the part number of the cable, the model and serial of the unit, and pictures ready to expedite the process.

kestutis_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/17/2015

Hello all...

The first 6 characters of the UPS's serial number are: 4B1503

And I've attached photo's of the cable ends and the data port.

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/18/2015

Hi Kes,

By the pictures, I feel like it should plug in if you put the retaining clip side up into the data port. I couldn't see an issue and everything looked normal and as I'd expect it to be embarassed

I asked one of my colleagues to double check to see if he noticed anything and he did not either. I don't know if it would help if you try to take a picture of inserting it? Maybe it possible maybe the plastic mold on either side is damaged or slightly off and I can't tell with my naked eye?

The cable looks correct though and the same one I posted.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi,

That is the correct cable for the UPS. Align the pins then snap the RJ 50 connector in place.

Attachments
kestutis_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/18/2015

That looks like my cable as well. If you notice, the key tab (if that's what it's called?) is at the very top left of the RJ-45 plug and the data port jack matches it's location.

I've reattached the photo of my data port, with the key notches highlighted. Instead of the top left, you'll can see that they are located in the middle data port's sides.

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi,

The clear plastic tab goes where the yellow arrow is pointing and the gold connectors face where Data Port is written.

Attachments