Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349746posts

Which home theater units are discontinued?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
losttrail_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Which home theater units are discontinued?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/27/2014

I need to get some updated power regulating/UPS for our home theater. Looking at some online sources, many units are listed as "Discontinued by manufacturer" or "No long available" or "Unsure of when or if this product will be available".

I don't have a to of money and would like to keep the cost below $400.

Units I'm looking at are:

J35B

H15BLK

I can buy one, but will APC still provide service and support, warranty coverage on these if they are discontinued models?

Thanks. Jerry

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Which home theater units are discontinued?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 10/28/2014

Well as far as I can tell, that is still a current SKU we offer and has not been moved to phase out or anything. We also have plenty of stock now and expected to come in.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi Jerry,

We suggest H15BLK.

Here is the link to the currently available AV product types/lines: http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=15

We don't recommend you purchase something that is no longer sold/available as we won't necessarily have stock of accessories, etc. Though, if you had happened to, if an issue comes up with the unit and you have a valid proof of purchase, we'd support it best we can (like for technical support - which is free for the life of the product) and if a warranty replacement is required, we'd hopefully have a unit available or worst case, replace it with something comparable but it may not be exactly the same.

losttrail_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2014

Angela N.,

Thanks, that's where I have been looking on APC's site and as you can see, it lists the H10, H15, J10, J15, J25, J35 with NO indication of them being discontinued. However, various vendors do list as being "Discontinued by manufacturer" or some similar message.

Thus the confusion, since APC's site, that you referenced, makes NO notice as to any of these models being discontinued.

I am leaning towards the J15 since it provides LAN (RJ-45) ports in addition to phone (RJ-11).

See the confusion?

losttrail_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2014

Just ordered the J15BLK. Had to do it.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Well as far as I can tell, that is still a current SKU we offer and has not been moved to phase out or anything. We also have plenty of stock now and expected to come in.