Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82548members
350159posts

What's new in Powerchute PE 3.0.0.1 ?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

What's new in Powerchute PE 3.0.0.1 ?

This question was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 9/20/2011

As title.

Is there a changelog for this new version of the powerchute?
A year is passed since the last update but I can't see any fix for the previous problem except for the UAC bugging problem.

No problems has been fixed:
http://forums.apc.com/spaces/4/back-ups-surge-protectors/forums/general/3882/back-ups-es-500

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: What's new in Powerchute PE 3.0.0.1 ?

This reply was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 9/20/2011

the strange things is that I discovered the update via APC site,
the software isn't able to detect the update also by manually clicking on the update feature.

just my two cents 🙂

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
Waypoint_Charlie_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/15/2011

Whilst Powerchure PE 3.0.0.1 fixes the problem with the UAC dialog when logging on to Windows 7 there is now a new "feature". Every time you launch the application you get presented with the UAC dialog. I've been on to APC and they tell me that this is normal. It seem odd this is necessary, at least when you are in admin mode.

It's not such a big issue. Even so, I'm tempted to go back to version 3.0. I got around the log in problem by setting up a scheduled task, similar to that described by drminer.

philhoff_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/19/2011

It appears that all the downloads of PCPE 3.0.0.1 have been removed from the APC servers. I hope a fix is forthcoming. I am tired of the UAC warning. That alone is worth the bother of updating.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 10/19/2011

not sure why you thought it was removed..

go here: http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SFPCPE3001&tab=software

there is a link with a date of 8/31/2011 where you can press download and get the file.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/20/2011

hi davide,

here are the changes for this minor release:

1.) With Windows UAC enabled, when a user logged on to Windows Vista or Windows 7, the UAC dialog always asked the user to approve starting the PowerChute Systray icon. This will no longer happen.

2.) After un-installing PowerChute, hibernation was not being restored and has been corrected.

3.) When selecting PowerChute Technical data screen it would be displayed very slowly and sometimes the internal PC fan or floppy drive made a lot of noise (indicating over usage). This has also been addressed.

i know 3.0.1 is coming soon but i am not 100% sure what is being addressed yet.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 9/20/2011

the strange things is that I discovered the update via APC site,
the software isn't able to detect the update also by manually clicking on the update feature.

just my two cents 🙂