Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82547members
350157posts

Voltage

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
ves77_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Voltage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/19/2008

Hi ! I am from Latvia . Output voltage in my country is 220W. By default output voltage for SUA1500I is set to 230VAC and is operating now on 230VAC. Should i set in PowerChute voltage to 220VAC or i am just misunderstanding something ?:) Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: Voltage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/26/2008

Ves,

I would suggest going with the 220VAC output. There's no way that you can have 220W at the wall, so I hope that was a typo and you meant Volts AC. The reason the output set is different is that some international countries have a nominal input voltage of 220, and some have 230. Since there is only one type of international SUA1500I that you have, it will accomodate both.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Cap1_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/21/2008

Ves,

You may want to look at this knowledge base:
http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=715&p_created=1010390400&p_...

That unit is a 230v unit, however, it won't actually intervene to change the output voltage unless it drops down to 208v (on high sensitivity, by default). While the unit is running online (no AVR functions boost or trim) the voltage you see on the input is what you will see on the output.

This shouldn't be an issue for any modern computer power supply, as they can accept a wide input voltage range.

ves77_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks for your answer Cap1 , but that was not what i asked about.

What i want to know is if i should set my UPS nominal output voltage to 220 or 230VAC if voltage from wall is 220 watts !
see pic - http://foto.inbox.lv/anarchy91/26-01-2008/Output-voltage.jpg
As u can understand i am not into all this watts vac thing so im confused :))

Message was edited by: ves77

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Ves,

I would suggest going with the 220VAC output. There's no way that you can have 220W at the wall, so I hope that was a typo and you meant Volts AC. The reason the output set is different is that some international countries have a nominal input voltage of 220, and some have 230. Since there is only one type of international SUA1500I that you have, it will accomodate both.