Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84599members
353868posts

UTS6: Tools For assigning load-shedding priority?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
PeteCress_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

UTS6: Tools For assigning load-shedding priority?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/29/2012

What are my tools for assigning load-shedding priority? I can't find anything in the manuals
that explicitly address priority, but "Time Management" and "Circuit Maximum Time Off and
Minimum Time On" sound like they have possibilities.

Message was edited by: PeteCress

Accepted Solutions
PeteCress_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: UTS6: Tools For assigning load-shedding priority?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/7/2012

i picKed a winna wrote:
... it may help to take a look at this thread below to get an idea of what another user is doing with their load shedding and what they've set with delays and not.

Referenced content removed
Lotta interesting stuff in that thread, but I could not find anything about how to control which circuits get shed first.

Maybe it's there and just over my head....

I'm thinking it has to be something around "Circuit Maximum Time Off and Minimum Time On" per page 12 of the Operation Manual.

But the manual is pretty much useless.

It tells what the settings are, but lacks a discussion of how to use them to affect which loads get shed first.

Maybe it's obvious to an engineer - the manual reads like it was written by one.... But I'm still groping.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 12/3/2012

yes, you'll need to use what you're looking at. it may help to take a look at this thread below to get an idea of what another user is doing with their load shedding and what they've set with delays and not.

PeteCress_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/7/2012

i picKed a winna wrote:
... it may help to take a look at this thread below to get an idea of what another user is doing with their load shedding and what they've set with delays and not.

Lotta interesting stuff in that thread, but I could not find anything about how to control which circuits get shed first.

Maybe it's there and just over my head....

I'm thinking it has to be something around "Circuit Maximum Time Off and Minimum Time On" per page 12 of the Operation Manual.

But the manual is pretty much useless.

It tells what the settings are, but lacks a discussion of how to use them to affect which loads get shed first.

Maybe it's obvious to an engineer - the manual reads like it was written by one.... But I'm still groping.